Monday, 11 July 2011

Poo-ta da pasta into-da pan-a!

What is it that makes an accent appealing?

I thinking about this the other day right, when my dad was trying to teach me how to speak with an Italian accent (it didn’t work by the way). And it got me thinking about which accents people prefer to listen to, and for what reasons.

Thinking of accents also reminded me of a question I found floating around on Bookface a few weeks ago and it asked “What is the most attractive accent on the opposite sex?” I can’t remember the results from that particular question, but it got me wondering: do men and women prefer different accents?

Does it even matter to some people?

Is it the actual accent itself that’s seen as attractive? Or the society in which the accent originates from or even the preconceptions people have about that society?

I might have to research this Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment