The subject of Health and Social Care is a much more interesting subject than most people give it credit for. Especially when taken as a double lesson. So that means not one lot of H&S lesson, but twice as much :) which is fine by me.
After never taking it at GCSE, I didn't really know what to expect as it doesn't really focus on a specific area of work, like Maths or French does. It incorporates quite a few areas of health in general. For example, some of the units we took this year included nutrition and dietetics, which was hugely insightful in terms of what is actually IN our food because, speaking from my point of view, I never really think about what is in the food I eat, as long as it's tasty. :D
Another thing I quite like about health and social care is that it blends into other subjects, like biology and psychology. Biology through the biological molecules mentioned in the unit above, as well as with a unit involving Common Diseases and Disorders and Psychology through a unit called Child Development. This is appealing to me as Psychology wasn't offered at A level, and I will grab at any information I can about it.
I am also looking forward to one of next years topics, which I think we'll be starting in January and it's called the factors and Theories of Human Development. So this should hopefully continue from where Child Development ended. I know it sounds sad, but I genuinely can't wait :D
Ja x
No comments:
Post a Comment