Many different people have different methods, I suppose..
There’s my mam for one, who doesn’t do anything. At all. It’s really quite strange to me because she’s not even talking to keep herself occupied for the however many hours it takes to travel to our destination. How does she cope?? I just don’t get it.
I also don’t get how my dad can drive for so long either. Say we’re going on a four hour trip down south, we only have one or two stops along the way. What I want to know is, how does he maintain his concentration for so long? I don’t think I could do that, especially without music on in the background.
And then I’ve got a friend who likes to sleep journeys away. As soon as the bus (it’s always normally a bus, or a mini bus) gets going, she just pops her earphones in, rests her head on the window (and occasionally my shoulder) and falls asleep. Like, properly dead asleep. Every. Single. Time. It’s a rarity if she stays awake.
Myself, I don’t normally go to sleep on journey’s there, however I do sometimes have a little nap on the way back, depending on how tired the trip has made me. My normal method of occupation is music. I stick them earphones in and you won’t hear from me for a good two hours down the road. After that’s become uninteresting, dad is normally asked to turn the music in the car up so that I can try to arrange a sing-a-long of sorts that ends when my brother starts to complain about the noise.
I just think it’s quite interesting how different people cope with boredom. What factors of a persons personality effects what activities they do to keep them occupied? Would having an extrovert personality mean that they needed more stimulation, or less?
Just a thought
No comments:
Post a Comment