Sunday, 6 November 2011

Call Me Doctor. Doctor D.

Yesterday I went to the Mini Medical School Practical Session! Woop!

This ‘Mini-medical school’ was basically an event aimed at students who wanted to do medicine, and I think those who wanted to become nurses also benefited from this. I think it has spanned quite a few weeks with most of it consisting of lectures on Thursday nights.

Why did I go to this? I here you ask.

Well another student dropped out last minute, and I was the only one who had even a little bit of interest in taking her place. SmileSo I did. And it was incredibly cool.

There were a few work stations we had a go at and this included; taking blood (which I was quite impressed that I wasn’t squeamish about), delivering babies (where we watched an actual birth Sick smile) , anatomy and ultrasound (that was done on my neck, so I can now say I’ve seen my own jugular artery and vein), suturing (which was a little bit like sewing), ear and eye examinations (where I got to see an ACTUAL ear drum Open-mouthed smile), and life saving techniques, like CPR and first aid.

It was really really interesting, and an awesome way to start my Saturday morning! Open-mouthed smile

No comments:

Post a Comment