Monday, 31 October 2011

Why So Serious?

So tonight is Halloween and since late this afternoon I’ve noticed a few people commenting on how they, “Seriously hate children.” and how Trick or Treat-er’s should, “GET. OFF. MY. DRIVEWAY.” Thankfully not everyone holds these same views, otherwise I’d be driven mental by the hatred of a festivity that doesn’t deserve it. I also remember this happening with Christmas, although to a lower degree.

I don’t understand why these people can’t just accept that this is going to happen and that children in particular, will want to make the most of this festive occasion.

I also wonder whether this line of thinking is a product of a need to rebel against a view held by most of society, or whether it’s just the beliefs they’ve established themselves. Because, from past experience, I know I have rejected a view outright- just to be different. Take ‘High School Musical’ for example. I have never seen it but to everyone who mentioned it I would add that I thought it was ‘rubbish’ and the music ‘terrible’. Just because I felt the need to dislike an idea that the majority of the rest of the female population of that age, loved.

For us, our doorbell hasn’t been heard tonight; just like last year and I find myself thinking that if you don’t want to give them treats, then there’s a perfectly willing house over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment