Now that was a long few months. First, revision then Christmas, then more revision, then New Year and School with little pockets of revision in between five exams.. and it’s finally over! (At least for a few more months.)
So yeah, this is just a post to show that I’m not actually dead, even though it may seem like it.
I also managed, over the Christmas period, to finally finish the book I’d got out of the library in November. How disgraceful is that? So anyways, the title of this book was ‘Doctoring the Mind’ by Richard P Bentall and it was probably one of the most inspiring books I have ever read (much to the chagrin of my closest friends who withstood the full force of my enthusiasm).
Before this, I had not really put much thought into Clinical Psychology; passing it off as the over-subscribed denomination of Psychology that many were fighting for places within. It opened my eyes to the real life implications of many of the assumptions people make about firstly, the people receiving psychiatric care and secondly, the adverse effects of the prescription drugs given to them by the ‘professionals’.
Reading this has only increased my motivation to study Psychology at a deeper degree.
No comments:
Post a Comment